Jr. Computational Chemist – Nucleic Acids
@NBDBACK TO ALL JOBS
Nostrum Biodiscovery is a biotech company working together with several major pharmaceutical companies in Europe and the US and has a wide knowledge of the requirements of pharmaceutical companies working in rational drug design. Nostrum Biodiscovery advantages are its technologies, allowing the saving of costs and the acceleration of the whole process. Secondly, the level of calculation and prediction capacity by computation, which directly impacts research reliability. Lastly, the team experience and the research excellence which has been strongly demonstrated by the internationally recognized institutions that support this project for years now.
Nostrum Biodiscovery is seeking a new Computational Chemist to be involved in the dissection of therapeutically-relevant nucleic acids at NBD Nucleic Acids Department. This position is intended for someone passionate about modeling, processing and rational engineering of Nucleic-Acids and related biological systems. The position will require programming, simulations, analysis and rational engineering of several natural and non-natural biological systems. Nostrum Biodiscovery is a biotech company devoted to discovering and optimising new chemical entities for unmet medical needs. The company combines powerful in-house innovative technologies with deep industrial expertise in biomolecular modelling, and leads several successful exploratory discovery projects in partnership with academia. It provides tailored, flexible services to help its pharma and biotech clients overcome their early discovery bottlenecks. Nostrum Biodiscovery is a young company made of talented, multidisciplinary and multicultural young researchers with experience in academia and industry. Dedication and ethics are also key values of our company.
- BSc or MSc in physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, chemistry and/or computational chemistry or similar.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in programming with Python and usage of bash.
- Experience in multiscale MD simulations (Gromacs, Amber, NAMD, Terachem)
- Experience in high-performance computing, PBS/SLURM
- Knowledge or experience in bioinformatics and/or biochemistry will be highly valued.
- Experience in ML methods is a plus.
THE OFFER – WORKING CONDITIONS
- Contract duration: permanent.
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: immediately.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Alexis Molina.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details for two references.