Intern Software Developer
@NBDBACK TO ALL JOBS
Nostrum Biodiscovery is a biotech company working together with several major pharmaceutical companies in Europe and the US and has a wide knowledge of the requirements of pharmaceutical companies working in rational drug design. Nostrum Biodiscovery advantages are its technologies, allowing the saving of costs and the acceleration of the whole process. Secondly, the level of calculation and prediction capacity by computation, which directly impacts research reliability. Lastly, the team experience and the research excellence which has been strongly demonstrated by the internationally recognized institutions that support this project for years now.
We are seeking a highly motivated degree or master student in Physics, Maths, Bioinformatics or related fields. The student will integrate new algorithms in PELE to its main Monte Carlo simulation protocol and do some subsequent testing-enhancement cycles. The project will involve software development in C++, analysis of the results, reading literature/references and discussing ideas with other R&D engineers at Nostrum Biodiscovery.
- Integration of the Multi-nucleotide loop closure algorithm (inverse kinematic solver) into a PELE simulation.
- Debugging and troubleshooting software issues.
- Testing and measuring the efficiency of the implementation.
- Design and test improvements (in collaboration with other Nostrum Biodiscovery R&D engineers)
- Degree in bioinformatics, chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, software engineering, or an adjacent field
- Experience using C++ and Python.
- Experience with Linux and version control software (Git).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in computational biochemistry.
- Experience with Monte Carlo simulations.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- Experience with testing and debugging software.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- This is a paid-internship position. The salary is determined by Nostrum Biodiscovery and the University policies.
- Flexible working hours and teleworking policy.
- Fast-paced learning within an experienced team of researchers with different backgrounds (Physics, Bioinformatics, Chemistry).
- As part of career and development plans, Nostrum Biodiscovery will facilitate all necessary training and future certifications to bring this role to the next level. Nostrum Biodiscovery is a fast-growing company on the lookout for talented individuals.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Martí Municoy.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details for two references.
All applications must be addressed to Martí Municoy.