@NBDBACK TO ALL JOBS
Nostrum Biodiscovery is a biotech company working together with several major pharmaceutical companies in Europe and the United States and has a wide knowledge of the requirements of pharmaceutical companies working in rational drug design. Nostrum’s advantages are its technologies, allowing the saving of costs and the acceleration of the whole process. Secondly, the level of calculation and prediction capacity, which directly impacts research scalability. Lastly, the team experience and the research excellence which has been strongly demonstrated by the internationally recognized institutions that support this project for years now.
We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative software developer to join our team. The primary focus of this role will be the design and development of cutting-edge methodologies for modeling nucleic acids in both their natural and non-natural forms. In this role, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the software development to untangle exciting challenges combining in-house solutions with the integration of third-party tools.
- Managing business stakeholders to intake functional and technical requirements.
- Designing and implementing algorithms to solve specific business problems.
- Integrating software components and third-party programs into the corporate technology solution.
- Maintaining and updating existing software.
- Participating in code reviews to ensure the quality and maintainability of the codebase.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Collaborating with other teams, such as the product management team, to understand the business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Continuously learning and staying up-to-date with new technologies for nucleic acids and software development.
- Degree in bioinformatics, chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, software engineering, or an adjacent field.
- Proven experience as a software developer using Python.
- Proven experience in computational biochemistry.
- Knowledge on version control systems, such as Git.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A willingness to continuously learn and stay up-to-date with new technologies and best practices in software development.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with integration of software components and third-party programs, especially with applications from computational biochemistry.
- Experience with high-performance computing infrastructures.
- Knowledge of Bash.
- Familiarity with Slurm workload manager.
- Experience with testing and debugging software.
THE OFFER – WORKING CONDITIONS
- Competitive salary according to experience and Barcelona city.
- Flexible working hours and teleworking policy.
- Health care insurance included.
- Possibility to have food, transportation or nursery tickets (tax benefits).
- As part of career plan and development plans, NBD will facilitate all necessary training and future certifications to bring this role to the next level.
All applications must be sent using the form bellow and must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Vito Genna.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details for two references.